On Windows 11, you don’t want to set up any third-party file encryption software to encrypt your recordsdata & folders saved on a drive. You need to use the BitLocker, the built-in safety function to encrypt your whole drive.
BitLocker is a good safety function because it prevents unauthorized entry to your recordsdata and paperwork saved on your drive. On Windows 11, Microsoft upped the necessities for BitLocker, however you’ll be able to nonetheless use it to encrypt your drive by bypassing the Trusted Platform Module (TOM) requirement.
If you’re already utilizing BitLocker to encrypt your drive, you must also understand how to disable it. Whereas disabling BitLocker is just not really helpful if you take care of your privateness & safety; nonetheless, typically, it’s possible you’ll want to disable the safety function for a number of causes.
Additionally Learn: How to Take away Sound from Movies in Windows 11
Steps to Turn Off BitLocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11
Disabling BitLocker is fairly simple, particularly on Windows 11 working system. Under, we have now shared a step-by-step information on disabling BitLocker drive encryption within the newest Windows 11 working system. Let’s take a look at.
Necessary: We’ve got used Windows 11 to reveal the method; you may as well comply with the identical steps to disable BitLocker on Windows 10 working system.
1. First, click on on the Windows 11 search and sort in Management Panel. Subsequent, open the Management Panel app from the record of matching outcomes.
2. On the Management Panel, swap to the Class View. Subsequent, click on on the System and Safety possibility as proven under within the screenshot.
3. On the System and Safety web page, scroll down and click on on the BitLocker Drive Encryption.
4. Subsequent, scroll down and discover the drive the place BitLocker encryption is turned on.
5. You want to click on on the Turn Off BitLocker hyperlink subsequent to the encrypted drive. The encrypted drive might be your working system, fastened information, or detachable drive.
6. On the Affirmation immediate, click on the Turn Off Bitlocker button once more.
That’s it! That is how one can disable BitLocker drive encryption and BitLocker To Go on your Windows 11 pc.
Aside from BitLocker, you may as well use different encryption software program for Windows to encrypt your drive and preserve your information safe. So, that’s how simple it’s to disable BitLocker drive encryption on Windows 11. If you happen to aren’t utilizing BitLocker, you want to comply with our information on utilizing BitLocker on Windows 11. If you happen to want extra assist associated to BitLocker Drive encryption, tell us within the feedback.
Credit score: Source link